Thursday, June 20, 2013

Drunkards Medallion Along

Just stopping in to share an update on my Drunkard's Medallion Along progress.

This is a swap that developed from Sew South and 7 of us made a center (see mine here) and we're sending them around for borders.  Fun, right?

Christen sent me her center.  It's a pretty amazing star....


She's using linen and brights (actually neons) in yellow, orange, and pink.  I can't show you all of what I did, but here's a sneak peek at what I added...


Have any of you made a medallion quilt?

Happy Sewing!  :-)

5 comments:

  1. I love this! I am working on her next border and it going so well... The thing I really love about this project (bee?), is sort of getting into the style of each quilt as it arrives. It feels so fun to flirt with different techniques and color combos in small amounts and see it all come together as it goes (sort of different than a traditional bee). I am also starting to regret the secrecy! I want to show Christen what it looks like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is great. your addition will make it pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done a medallion top and I think the round robin way of doing them seems so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a medallion quilt without realizing that was what I had made Lol. It was a QAL with Beaquilter. The center is medallion is appliqued. This is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/90590774@N03/8644845506/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The suspense is killing me - but I just KNOW it will be awesome to receive it all finished!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)