Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Design Challenge : January's Featured Blogger




We're excited to bring you another project in our Design Challenge Series, in which we ask a blogger to come up with a tutorial using 6 FQs.  Check out the previous posts here 

This month, we welcome Lindsay from CraftBuds and Lindsay Sews.  She was kind enough to answer some questions for us.


Hello, Sew Lux readers!  I'm Lindsay Conner, and I'm a writer, editor and crafter. I started sewing and blogging around the same time (in 2008), and I love to make modern quilts, clothing, accessories and handmade gifts. I love being a part of the online sewing and quilting community, whether that's through swaps, quilt alongs or blog hops, so please let me know where you blog, because I'd love to meet you! You can find me at Lindsay Sews (www.lindsaysews.com) and Craft Buds (www.craftbuds.com), and I'm also an editor at CraftFoxes (www.craftfoxes.com), a site where you can upload your sewing projects and connect with other crafters like you.

What is your favorite sewing tool or notion?
I love my mat, ruler and rotary cutter (of course!), but I am also pretty fond of freezer paper for tracing sewing patterns, paper piecing, stenciling and more.

What was your first quilting project?
In 2008, I sewed my first quilt (a crazy 9-patch) just to try out a tutorial I found online. I bought a charm pack on eBay and figured out the rest of the quilt (binding and such) through trial and error. I ended up gifting it to a friend for her first baby, and the quilt has been well loved! 

What is your favorite color combination?
For the last year or so, I've been inspired by aqua, yellow and grey. I think it's great together! Although I realized when looking at my year in sewing, I've used a lot of purples and jewel tones as well.

Some of Lindsay's Great Projects!
Photo courtesy of Lindsay Conner.

What is your favorite sewing supply/room organizational tip?
Although I am not very good at this, I like to keep my craft room decluttered and picked-up, or else I'll never wanted to spend time in it! If I am not inspired by a fabric, and it's been sitting in my stash for over a year untouched, I think it’s worth finding that fabric a new home. To trade fabric, I’d recommend joining a fabric swap group on Flickr or listing it on eBay or Etsy as a destash.


Thanks so much for joining us this month, Lindsay!

For her project, Lindsay selected this awesome bundle of prints - and just wait until you see the quilt she made with these!


Bundles are available here and will be on sale through 1/10/13.

Stop by Friday to see Lindsay's project tutorial.

Happy Sewing!  :-) 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)