Monday, November 19, 2012

Design Challenge : November's Featured Blogger


We're excited to bring you another project in our Design Challenge Series, in which we ask a blogger to come up with a tutorial using 6 FQs.  Check out the previous posts here 

I am thrilled to introduce Jennifer from Ellison Lane Quilts to you as our featured blogger this month. You may be familiar with her blog already and some of you may be going to Sew South in March - the brand spankin' new sewing retreat that she is hosting.  Let's get to know her a little ... 


Hi everyone! I'm Jennifer and I blog at Ellison Lane Quilts. I'm also putting on Sew South, a modern sewing retreat in Charlotte, NC this March, and I can hardly wait! It's going to be so fun!

I discovered sewing a little over two years ago and boy did it stick like glue! I jumped in with both feet and LOVE it. I'm lucky to have found my passion and love that I get to be creative and crafty on a daily basis. 

What was your first quilting project?

My first quilting project was a simple patchwork baby quilt for my son and it still makes me smile. The seams don't match up very well and the quilting leaves much to be desired but it was my first quilt and it was well-loved so that makes it special. 

What kind of sewing machine do you use?

Last year I was so lucky to get a new sewing machine for Christmas, one that I LOVE. It's a Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.0 and it rocks. It really is a luxurious machine and sews and quilts like a dream. 

What is your favorite sewing notion?

I'd have to say that my favorite sewing notion is Aurifil. Gosh I love that thread. It's strong but fine and doesn't leave a lot of lint. I seriously love it.


Thanks so much for joining us this month, Jennifer!  

I have been lucky enough to get a sneak peek at Jennifer's project with this awesome Super Fly Zebra bundle!  

  

The zebra bundles are in short supply, so we've made up a Simply Color Ikat Diamonds bundle as an alternative option as well.  Bundles are now available and will be on sale through 11/27/12.



Stop by tomorrow to see Jennifer's awesome tutorial - you'll want to make a bunch for Christmas gifts!

Happy Sewing!  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)