Saturday, October 27, 2012

Design Challenge : October's Featured Blogger



We're excited to bring you another project in our Design Challenge Series, in which we ask a blogger to come up with a tutorial using 6 FQs.  Check out the previous posts here 

This month, we're welcoming Debbie of A Quilter's Table.  I've "known" Debbie for quite sometime through a charity bee called do.Good Stitches. Here's a little more about her ...


Hello! My name is Debbie and I blog at A Quilter’s Table. I live in a Seattle suburb, but love to visit the city! I’ve been quilting for over 20 years, encouraged by a friend to take a beginning quilting class so we could sew while we visited and watched our kids play. For years, I made pretty traditional, hand-quilted quilts (that was all I knew!).  A couple of years ago, I was introduced to ‘modern quilting’ and have enjoyed exploring new techniques and patterns, as well as began to do machine-quilting. Friends and family have often commented that my ‘style’ has totally changed!

What was your first quilting project?
My very first quilting project was a sampler quilt, sewn and quilted entirely by hand. In making it, I learned the basics of quilting that I depend on and continue to use in my work today.

What is your most favorite quilt block of all time?
I think it has to be Swoon. I love trying new blocks, but with Swoon, I was compelled to make it again and again, creating different sized blocks and a variety of sizes of quilts.

Read more about Debbie's Swoon Quilt here.
Photo courtesy of Debbie at A Quilter's Table.

What is your favorite color combination?
I tend to lean towards the cool colors, though I love working with orange, and more than not, adding gray to my projects.
Read more about Debbie's Scrappy Swoon block here.
Photo courtesy of Debbie at A Quilter's Table.


Where do you find inspiration for your sewing/quilting projects?
Inspiration is found in so many places! I find it in projects that I see others make, fabrics themselves, palettes in nature, the furnishings at Starbucks. It’s all around, and sometimes it just seems to appear. I really enjoy taking a block or pattern or technique, and doing something unexpected with it, making it my own.

Read more about Debbie's X and + Quilt here.
Photo courtesy of Debbie at A Quilter's Table.


Thanks so much for joining us this month, Debbie!  We're so thrilled to have you and to share your project with our readers.  :-)   We can't wait to see what you have planned for this beautiful bundle


Debbie's tutorial is coming soon to our blog and her bundle is now available (and on sale through 11/2/12) here!

Happy Sewing!  :-)


6 comments:

  1. Thanks, Chrissy, for the chance to use such lovely fabrics from your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a lovely little bundle. Can't wait to see what Debbie makes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool interview - I love Debbie's work and cannot wait to see what comes out of this lovely bundle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie makes such wonderful quilts and other projects. I always look forward to a new post on her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how nice to read more about Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading Debbies blog - love her solid X and + quilt, and the Swoons are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)