Thursday, May 24, 2012

Need a break?

Hi friends!  :-)

It is almost the summer here ... which means I can spend my days sewing instead of grading and repeating myself!  LOL  I am definitely looking forward to the break from my school year routine.

Speaking of breaks and vacation, our friend Kim has two different quilt retreat properties here in the mountains of North Carolina.  If you're looking for a getaway with sewing involved, you should check it out. Kim is super nice!

Check out the Summit Sew and Quilt Retreat Center website here.

Have you ever been on a quilt retreat?  What's your favorite vacation sewing project?  Thanks for stopping by today...  hope you are having a wonderful day.  :-)

Happy Sewing! :-)

3 comments:

  1. Wow...doesn't she want to host one in NY?!?!?! =) Looks like a lot of fun.

    I've never been, simply due to expense, but I would go if I could afford too. I think embroidery is great for vacations, but honestly, with two kids, I'm too busy to do anything other than play when we go away. =)

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun.. I'm with Anita embroidery is the way to go for vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me give a resounding cheer for Summit Quilt Retreat in Maggie Valley, North Carolina. I discovered this oasis last year and have visited on three different ocassions. The fourth trip is already scheduled.

    The venue is calm and inviting, the work space is fabulous and the house is roomy and comfortable. Kim has tried to think of everything a quilter might need and if you suggest a new tool, she finds it! Another perk is great local quilt shops, wonderful restuarants and of course, beautiful mountains.

    Give it a try, Kristina from Abingdon, Virginia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)