Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Granny Squares

Hi again!  Do any of you crochet?  It's not a skill I have practiced in awhile nor one that I am very good at, but I think those Granny Square blankets are so lovely. 

Fortunately, Jolene made a tutorial for some quilt blocks that look like the Granny Square crocheted squares.  You can see her tutorial here.  My do. Good Stitches charity bee quilt this month was using these fun blocks.  I pinned the tutorial awhile ago and I appreciated the motivation of my bee to give it a try.  Here are my blocks ...

(Sorry my photo is a little dark.) These blocks are about 9" square and were really easy to make!  It took longer to choose fabrics and cut my squares than it did to piece, press and trim.  What do you think? ... I think I need to find some time to make more! :-)

Happy Sewing! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Your blocks are precious. Yes, you must make more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the look of this block and so tempted. But I think I would do them with setting triangles to cut down on the waste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, I've been wanting to try this...now I'm really thinking I might have to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just wanted to pop in and see how you're doing...and say Happy March! =) Those blocks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by - we love hearing from you! :-)